BLACK TIGER MARTIAL ARTS NEWS
Stay in the Loop
Take a look at our media room, where you’ll find the latest press releases, Black Tiger Martial Arts information and relevant contacts. We’re always happy to hear from our community, so if you’d like to submit your comments or suggest an article, get in touch!
BLACK TIGER MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR SPOTLIGHT
July 2, 2018
Black Tiger Martial Arts became officially a Member of Ashihara Karate World Independent Union. Sensei Ken became Branch Chief and UK representative for AKWIU
99% PASS RATE ON FEBRUARY 2019 GRADING
February 23, 2019
What a great day today for Black Tiger Martial Arts with nearly 40 students taking their gradings for promotion to the next level. We had a great time and was proud to hand everyone their new belts and certificates. 1 student getting intermediate grade but still proud. OSU
MEDALS FOR EVERYONE
April 7, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts wins again!!!!So every Fighter got a medal in the 4th WKC Youth Games. Very proud of every one of them.
Onwards and upwards to the next tournament. July 14th WKC Open European Championships with more Fighters and more medals
CHILDREN DON'T QUIT KARATE; PARENTS DO
“Children don’t quit Karate, Parents do.”
If you want your child to benefit or even receive their black belt and more, than you as a parent need to have a black belt commitment too.
Why do you want your child to learn Karate”
Parent – “I want them to gain discipline and confidence”
Sensei to Parent : “Then here are the things you, as the parent need to know and follow no matter what:
1. You must be consistent bringing your child to class. Schedule your Karate days and move things around them so your child doesn’t miss classes or attend sporadically. Why? Because discipline and confidence come from doing structured things, not random things.
2. When training gets tough and your child doesn’t want to go to class because it’s not “fun” you will tell them “get your Gi and let’s go” no matter what. Why? Because you can’t build discipline on your schedule, only doing what you want when you want. You also can’t build confidence by avoiding things that are hard to do or tough. Only by failing and then overcoming that failure can you grow confident. It is not easy but it is worth it.
3. When your child loses interest (which comes and goes by the way) you will say “Get your Gi and let’s go”. Allowing your child to just give up something because they have lost interest leads to teaching them how to be a failure in life. Teaching your child the value of commitment and seeing things through is part of the discipline process. The loss of interest in kids happens but then they wish they wouldn’t have “quit”. Teach your child not to be a quitter.
4. You aren’t committing to attend Karate. You are committing to get good at Karate and earn your black belt. When your child wants to quit you will say “Are you a black belt yet?” and then say “Get your Gi and let’s go”. Children who see their training through to black belt will learn what it means to truly earn something which builds confidence and discipline. This will be invaluable in their lives as they grow into adulthood (going off to college and more).
5. Karate will build confidence, discipline, focus and more BUT you have to be committed to it no matter what. You can’t just show up when you want and expect your child to gain from it. It takes work so teach your child the value of working hard. When you, the parent, are involved in their training they grow strong in their confidence and discipline. Don’t be “that parent” that just lets their kid start and quit things. Get them to the dojo and watch them develop strong, focused, driven and confident so that they can have a great life!
BLACK TIGER MARTIAL ARTS KNIFE DEFENSE
June 14, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts and Knife defense goes hand in hand. Here's a great article that is worth reading.
WE DID IT AGAIN
September 22, 2019
7 Fighters and 8 medals. Very proud of all my Fighters today.
Join us now for a free taster class in one or all of the styles we offer at Black Tiger Martial Arts competing in Local and National and International tournaments throughout the UK.
Check website for more information on times and places where we train and times when we train
CHILD PROTECTION UPDATE
October 09, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts leading the way. Sensei Ken. Received his Certificate today after completing "Child Protection In Sport" course. Meaning that he is up to date with the latest legislation. We are also in the process of completing requirements to gain a reputable kite mark confirming that we have all the required documents etc for operating as a Professional Martial Arts School.
BLACK TIGER MARTIAL ARTS GAINS A NEW BLACK BELT.
October 19, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts Gains a Brand New Black Belt in the guise of Sensei Gabriel Wylson. He completed the hard grading including a written test, a mile run and sparing with 20 fresh opponents for over 30 minutes. The full basics, bag test and Kata and Applications. Enough to make lesser people give up.Gab received his Dan grade certificate from Kaicho Peter Lewis president of the WKC at the World Championship Kickboxing Tournament to confirm his grade. He's now working towards his 2nd Dan
GOLD AGAIN. WORLD KICKBOXING CHAMPIONS AT BTMA
October 26 - 27, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts Gains 2 World Champion Kickboxers in Semi Contact Points.We also have Finalists Silver in the Light Continuous Kickboxing too.
Very proud of our Fighters bringing home the medals and the titles.
DOKI DOKI FESTIVAL 2019
November 09, 2019
Black Tiger Martial Arts had the honour again to be part of the Doki Doki festival part of the Annual Japanese Society North West activities.
Performing 2 demonstrations with students from our Ashihara Karate Jutsu programme and our TaiChi programme.
Great responses from the audiences and great displays from the team members
GRADING TIME AGAIN!!!
February 22, 2020
Wow 31 candidates grading this time. With a 100% pass rate we at BTMA are so proud of our standards. We had a guest instructor on the Panel, Dai Shihan Wayne Fawkes 9th Degree Kempo. And it was also Sensei Gabriel's first time on the panel.Well done to the new 3rd Kyu Candidates who managed to perform all the techniques in front of the whole panel and other candidates grading.
Looking forward to the next grading as we have quite a few new members too
COVID 19 AWARE CERTIFICATION FROM THE BMABA
August 5, 2020
Black Tiger Martial Arts keeping the safety of its members paramount. Sensei Ken has completed and passed the current Covid safety course with the British Martial Arts and Boxing Association.Our Covid Policy and Risk assessment are available on request.
NEW LICENCE BOOKS
October 3, 2020
New Licence and Membership record books coming to Our School. Designed to cover our systems and our requirements.
NEW TARIFF SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
October 1, 2020
As we're becoming more focused on training and availability is now 10hours a day. Starter Membership Fee has increased to £50, this is inclusive of Insurance cover with our current NGB, Karate Suit/Kickboxing pants and Licence Book.TaiChi is £20.All Renewals are £20, Fighters are £30
Other details are available upon request.